Because MATC’s campuses and support services are closed during the holiday break, we strongly advise faculty teaching Winterim semester courses to refer to these guidelines and resources.
Do Not Use Course Copy to Develop Courses
We strongly advise using the Archive and Import process of moving course materials from one section into another to avoid experiencing technical problems caused by Course Copy.
Faculty may use the tutorials and contact form on the Faculty Blackboard Support website. Additional information to advise Winterim students is available here.
Students new to using Blackboard should review the Start Here page and Blackboard Student Orientation. Students may use the tutorials and contact form on the Student Blackboard Support website.
Use the online Password Manager to retrieve your login credentials or update an expired password. If you can not use the Password Manager, create a ticket using the Help Desk’s online form to request assistance. The password to submit the request form is: MATC.
Resolving Common Technical Problems
- Use the Browser Tester on Blackboard’s home page to check your technology’s settings and review the Resolving Common Browser Problems page for solutions.
- Advise students using Google Chrome as their browser to update it to the latest version to prevent technical problems when taking tests in Blackboard.
- If you see a “Module Information is Unavailable” message in Blackboard, see the workaround instructions here.
- To troubleshoot content availability settings, use your course’s Student Preview Mode to see what students see.
- For problems with publisher content, please contact your publisher’s technical support directly for assistance. We have compiled a list of publisher support resources here.