As of June 3rd, 2019, Blackboard’s home page and base navigation have a fresh new look! Your current courses have not changed, but you are invited to pilot Ultra Courses, a new form of course design. If you are interested in joining the pilot, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Understanding the Changes
To review the new navigation, how to find classes, and manage their availability, see these resources:
- Blackboard Overview
- Searching and Editing the Course List
- Changing Course Availability
- Blackboard with the Ultra Experience Video Tutorials for Instructors
- Blackboard with the Ultra Experience Video Tutorials for Students
Please be aware of changes to the following tools and settings:
- The Qwickly tools have been discontinued due to changes in compatibility and licensing costs. You may manage course availability through the new workflows on the Courses page. At this time, you may use the course Announcement, Email, or Messages tool to send mass communications to all students in a single course.
- Blackboard has discontinued custom course menu colors through Teaching Styles. You may still customize your course by adding a course banner.