MATC’s Distance Learning department is proud to announce the availability of a new tool that faculty can use to provide students with engaging, accessible instructional video: NBC Learn.
Available within Blackboard, NBC Learn is a collection of more than 21,000 videos, documents, and images that can be integrated with classroom lectures and online teaching materials. These resources enable faculty to add real-world case studies and current events to instruction to keep students up-to-date on the latest developments in their fields.
- Browse 40+ collections relevant to topics in business, health sciences, U.S. history, and more!
- Videos include primary-source newscasts, original programming, and short explainers.
- Simple search and embedding tools make integration with learning activities in Blackboard easy.
- Videos are 2-6 minutes long, with closed captions, transcripts, and citations.
How to Get Started
Take advantage of NBC Learn’s Curriculum Alignment Service to find resources that fit your course. Send
your syllabus or a list of course topics to firstname.lastname@example.org and the NBC Curriculum Team will return a
document with links and summaries of related videos. See these resources to get started.
- First Time Guide to Using NBC Learn
- Tips for Using NBC Learn
- Health & Medicine Subject Guide
- Business & Management Subject Guide
- U.S. History Subject Guide
- Arts & Humanities Subject Guide