Rethinking Wikis, Blogs, & Podcasts
Due to low utilization of the Campus Pack wikis, blogs, and podcast tool within Blackboard, it has been decided that we can no longer offer this tool to faculty. Campus Pack will be unavailable starting on June 1st, 2014.
Alternative Tools for Wikis and Blogs
Faculty who used Campus Pack wikis or blogs in their courses are encouraged to use Blackboard’s native wiki and blog tools to re-create these gradable interactive activities in their courses. Please see these instructions:
Alternative Tool for Sharing Podcasts: Google Drive
Instructors who used Campus Pack to provide podcast lectures to their students are encouraged to download their audio or video podcast files and share them with their students through a shared Google Drive folder. Google Drive is a virtual storage space associated with your MATC Gmail. After you have saved your podcast files to your computer, you can upload your podcast files to a sharable folder in your Google Drive using these 6 simple steps:
- Step One: Log into Google Drive using your MATC email address and password.
- Step Two: Create a folder in your Google Drive.
- Step Three: Upload your podcast files into the folder you created.
- Step Four: Share your folder using the “Anyone who has the link” setting; copy the folder’s shareable URL.
- Step Five: Log into Blackboard and access your course.
- Step Six: Create a Web Link in your course’s menu that links to your shared podcast folder.
Your students may download the podcast files from your shared Google Drive folder to view on their computer or mobile device. Files that are in .mp3 or .mp4 format can often be previewed directly in Google Drive using its in-browser playback tool.
Need Help or Have Questions About Alternative Tools?