One of Google’s top objectives is to make information universally accessible. YouTube has embraced this directive by making video accessibility a priority from the top down. In this recorded session, Google provides insights into the future of accessible video, why universal accessibility is important to Google, and how captions and subtitles enhance content discoverability (Google even reveals test results showing the SEO benefits of captions).
Watch this recording to learn:
- How Google is building accessibility into YouTube
- Google’s test results showing the SEO benefits of captions
- Future of YouTube’s automatic captions
- Why YouTube creators should caption their videos
- How to take advantage of YouTube’s international growth through translation and subtitles
- How Google is addressing the challenges of accessible mobile video