On December 30th 12:01 AM CST through January 1st, MATC’s Blackboard Learning Management System will be unavailable to faculty and students so that a maintenance upgrade can be performed. Blackboard will become available again on January 2nd (unless otherwise communicated).
We apologize for the disruption of Blackboard availability during JTerm. When planning for the annual upgrade, this was the best time based on contract and services.
WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT?
The routine maintenance will update security features, correct known issues, and add requested enhancements to improve teaching and learning online. Although the way Blackboard looks and how you will use its tools will not change, there will be a few slight enhancements to tools you commonly use:
- Most MS Office files that are submitted by using Blackboard Assignment links will display within a “document preview” window when you review your submission history and grade. If your instructor has added comments using the in-line grading tools, they will appear within the “document preview” window as well.
- SafeAssign will be integrated with the regular Blackboard Assignment tool.
- Multiple-attempt tests will display a clearly identifiable “Start New Submission” button.
- The Portfolios tool will be more user-friendly and integrated into courses as a type of Assignment. The Portfolios tool will be found through a link in your Blackboard Global Navigation “Tools” menu.
- My Grades tool will give you options for sorting and viewing course grades, including the instructor’s order.
- Your instructor may choose to issue Achievement badges or certificates when students reach specific milestones in the course.
WHERE CAN I GO TO LEARN MORE ABOUT USING BLACKBOARD?
Students are encouraged to attend a Live Blackboard Orientation Session at their nearest campus or view the Online Blackboard Orientation at the beginning of the semester to review basic Blackboard navigation and how to use the Assignment, Test, and Discussion tools.
If you have questions, please use the Student Support Contact Us form.